The eighth edition of The Fifth Elephant will be held in Bangalore on 25-26 July. A thousand data scientists, ML engineers, data engineers and analysts will gather at the NIMHANS Convention Centre in Bangalore to discuss:
- Model management, including data cleaning, instrumentation and productionizing data science
- Bad data and case studies of failure in building data products
- Identifying and handling fraud + data security at scale
- Applications of data science in agriculture, media and marketing, supply chain, geo-location, SaaS and e-commerce
- Feature engineering and ML platforms
- What it takes to create data-driven cultures in organisations of different scales
The Fifth Elephant is a two-day conference with two tracks on each day.
Sessions at The Fifth Elephant are of the following formats:
- Full talks of 40 minutes.
- Crisp talks of 20 minutes.
- Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions on focused topics / questions. A BoF is 60-90 minutes long and typically has up to four facilitators and one moderator.
- Workshops and tutorials of 1.5-6 hours duration on Machine Learning concepts and tools, full stack data engineering, and data science concepts and tools.